Learn to Ice Climb this Winter
Our intro to ice climbing courses are great if you’re interested in trying out the sport for the first time – regardless of your climbing background. This two day course includes lessons on sport-specific LNT practices, environmental hazards, risk management, fundamentals of top rope safety, efficient ice climbing movement and technique. These lessons are accompanied by top rope ice climbing on a variety of moderate terrain in Shell and Cottonwood Canyons.
December 7-8 & 14-15, 2019; Jan 4-5 & Feb 1-2, 2020
Our Intro to Ice Climbing courses include personalized instruction on the following topics and techniques:
- Ice climbing safety, belay, and anchor systems
- Ice climbing movement and techniques
- Minimal-impact ice climbing strategies to safeguard resources and heritage
- Leave No Trace and “Beyond Leave No Trace” practices
- Lessons the area’s geology, ecology, archaeology, and history
$350 per person, includes ice climbing equipment
$300 pp for WYMG alumni, includes equipment
Interested in taking an Intro to Ice Climbing Course? Feel free to ask us any questions you might have!