Learn to Ice Climb in the Bighorn Mountains
Learn to ice climb in the beautiful high-desert canyons of northern Wyoming’s Bighorn Mountains! Carving your way up frozen waterfalls, you’ll develop new skills and overcome physical and mental challenges. You’ll be rewarded with a well-earned sense of accomplishment and breathtaking views of this wild part of the country.
Our intro to ice climbing courses are great if you’re interested in trying out the sport for the first time, regardless of your climbing background. These two day courses include lessons on sport-specific LNT practices, environmental hazards, risk management, fundamentals of top rope safety, efficient ice climbing movement and technique. Instructional lessons are accompanied by top rope ice climbing on a variety of moderate ice climbs in Ten Sleep, Shell, and Cottonwood Canyons.
Our two day Intro to Ice Climbing Courses are available November 2020 – March 2021 upon request. Please use our email contact form below or give us a call to arrange dates for your course.
Lessons included in the course:
Our Intro to Ice Climbing courses include personalized instruction on the following topics and techniques:
- How to stay warm and safe while ice climbing
- Fundamental ice climbing safety, belay, and anchor systems
- Fundamental ice climbing techniques
- Leave No Trace and “Beyond Leave No Trace” practices
- Lessons the area’s geology, ecology, archaeology, and history
- $350 per person, includes ice climbing equipment
- $300 pp for WYMG alumni, includes equipment
Interested in taking an Intro to Ice Climbing Course? Want to sign up for different dates? Feel free to ask us any questions you might have!