Take Your Ice Climbing to the Next Level
Our intermediate ice climbing course helps you gain the skills needed to climb longer and steeper objectives. The first day of the course reviews skills learned in our introductory course and then works on climbing more efficiently on vertical ice. The second day covers anchors, systems, and techniques used for multipitch ice climbing. We recommend participants enroll in an intro to ice climbing course beforehand or have some background in ice climbing, as this course requires a foundation in ice climbing safety systems and a solid base of climbing fitness.
Our two day Intermediate Ice Climbing Courses are available December 2020 – March 2021 upon request. Please use our email contact form below or give us a call to arrange dates for your course.
Our intermediate courses include personalized instruction on the following topics and techniques:
- Ice climbing safety, belay, and anchor systems for multipitch ice
- Ice climbing movement and techniques for climbing vertical ice
- Minimal-impact ice climbing strategies to safeguard resources and heritage
- Leave No Trace and “Beyond Leave No Trace” practices
- Lessons the area’s geology, ecology, archaeology, and history
$400 per person, includes equipment
$350 for WYMG alumni
Climber to Guide Ratio:
2:1, maximum of four per course
Interested in taking an intermediate ice climbing course or scheduling a private outing? Please contact us via the form below: