Climb Steep Ice and Mixed Terrain
This upper level course introduces participants to steep and sustained grades of waterfall ice as well as the fundamental techniques of mixed climbing. The first day of the course involves top rope climbing on steep ice pillars and curtains (WI4+ or greater) while the second day focuses on learning how to climb mixed terrain in a winter kit. We highly recommend taking our introductory and intermediate ice climbing courses prior to enrolling in an advanced course, as the climbing is considerably more demanding and requires a solid foundation of safety systems and base of climbing fitness.
Our two day Advanced Ice and Mixed Climbing Courses are available December 2020 – March 2021 upon request. Please use our email contact form below or give us a call to arrange dates for your course.
Our Advanced Ice and Mixed courses include personalized instruction on the following topics and techniques:
- Ice and mixed climbing safety, belay, and anchor systems
- Steep ice and mixed climbing movement and techniques
- Minimal-impact ice climbing strategies to safeguard resources and heritage
- Leave No Trace and “Beyond Leave No Trace” practices
- Lessons the area’s geology, ecology, archaeology, and history
$500 per person, includes ice climbing equipment
$450 pp for WYMG alumni, includes equipment
Climber to Guide Ratio:
2:1, maximum 2 per course
Have questions about our Advanced Ice and Mixed Climbing Course or want to book a private session? Please contact us via the form below: