This community climbing clinic is open to adult climbers of all backgrounds and ability levels. Participants will learn the fundamentals of climbing safety, risk management, movement and technique as they climb indoors in Laramie and outside in Vedauwoo over 2 1/2 days. Lessons will also feature hands-on, activity-based learning about southeast Wyoming’s unique geology, ecology, and history.
- Session 1: June 18-20, 2021
- Session 2: July 30-August 1, 2021
- $300 (includes all technical climbing equipment)
- Foundations of climbing safety (knots, belay, and anchor systems)
- Principles of bottom and top-managed toprope systems
- Introduction to lead belaying and climbing
- Specialized sport and crack climbing movement and techniques
- Leave No Trace and “Beyond Leave No Trace” best practices
- Lessons on Vedauwoo’s geology, ecology, archaeology, and history
Schedule and Locations
Friday evening: Half Acre Rock Gym, Laramie WY
Saturday – Sunday: Vedauwoo Climbing Area, Buford WY
Sample itinerary: Vedauwoo Gym-to-Crag Clinic schedule and logistics
Media: Read the Oil City News article about our 2019 Casper Gym-to-Crag Clinic
Contact us: Interested in signing up for this clinic? Please send us an email with your name, contact info, and any questions you might have about the clinic!