This community climbing clinic is open to adult climbers of all backgrounds and ability levels. Participants will learn the fundamentals of climbing safety, risk management, movement and technique as they climb outside in Fremont Canyon over 2 days. Lessons will also feature hands-on, activity-based learning about Central Wyoming’s unique geology, ecology, and history.
- Session 1: June 12-13, 2021
- Session 2: July 24-25, 2021
- $300 for non-gym members
- $250 for previous 5150’ Rock Gym members
- All technical climbing equipment included
- Foundations of climbing safety (knots, belay, and anchor systems)
- Principles of bottom and top-managed toprope systems
- Introduction to lead belaying and climbing
- Specialized sport and crack climbing movement and techniques
- Leave No Trace and “Beyond Leave No Trace” best practices
- Lessons on Fremont Canyon’s geology, ecology, archaeology, and history
Saturday – Sunday: Fremont Canyon, Alcova WY
Media: Read the Oil City News article about our 2019 Casper Gym-to-Crag Clinic
Contact us: Interested in signing up for this clinic? Please send us an email with your name, contact info, and any questions you might have about the clinic!